Thursday, January 12, 2012

Nailing it!

I am a tomboy by all definitions and one of the things I did as a kid was bite my nails... I know the horror of it all. As I got into High School, The thing for girls to do was to have nails so I figured, in my quest to be more feminine, I would get Acrylic on my nails. From about 10Th grade until July, 2011, I had Acrylic on my nails.... That's over 10 years.


The running joke Scott and I had before we got engaged is that I always said please warn me when you are going to propose to me or do it after I get my nails done so when people ask to see the ring, I wont have to show them jacked up hands....I know it might be vain but a beautiful ring should be shown in all its glory on a pretty hand. ..LOL



I decided that it was time to give my nails a breather and let them be natural and when I took them off, it was so hard to see all the damage that the Acrylic had done to my fingers. There were so days when I wanted to throw in the towel and go to the nail shop and say forget it, acrylic me back up. I held on and kept strong and today my nails look like this...







I am not ready to be a Hand Model but it is a start and by the time the wedding gets here, I'm sure they will be better. Although I miss having longer nails, its nice to see that my hands still look feminine with out all the extras.







289 till He is all mines.....LOL


0 comments:

Post a Comment