Thursday, February 16, 2012

Push Forward


I admit that I have alot on my plate and I take on alot of things from time to time but I think its the drive within me that keeps me going forward and when I think about how tired I am or when I feel like I cant have more energy, I think about Lakeasha Monique Rutledge Draft.

If you have yet to here her story, I tell you it is a powerful one on Love, Life and Every Breath we breathe. She was more than a Dancer, Friend and NFL Players wife.... She was a woman that NEVER gave up and NEVER gave in. She never smoked a day in her life and she got Stage 4 Lung Cancer. Instead of feeling sorry for herself and giving up, She fought...hard.

I experienced her and Chris Draft's Wedding Video and it had me in tears. My first thought was how could something so unfair happen to someone like her? Why did it happen to her? But as the saying goes, God does everything for a reason. I watch the video again this morning and I could see the joy in her face, the smiles she had and know that day was so special to her and everyone around her. She got married on November 27, 2011 and died December 27, 2011.

I woke up this morning, Exhausted, feeling like I could not get out of bed and I thought of Lakeasha and her will not to give up or give in. She did it all for Love, Life and Every Breath she breathed. Love is much stronger than we will ever know and she is proof of that.


254 till Love Forever......

1 comments:

Teia said...

that is such a beautiful story. I heard about it a while ago, and it moves me to tears every time. the lord does know best when it comes to his children. I am sure she is looking down from heaven right now smiling and watching over all of her loved ones. this is a beautiful post.

Post a Comment