Friday, October 19, 2012

Jewelry Store Offer: Buy a Wedding Ring, Get a Free Gun

A whole new meaning to 'shotgun wedding'.

Heads up, extreme couponers, hunters and the betrothed! A jewelry store in Iowa has an interesting proposal for customers looking to, well, propose.

Beginning this Thursday, Jewelry By Harold will begin offering a free shotgun for customers who purchase a diamond engagement ring.

"I'm a little bit of a crazy guy," Harold van Beek, the store's owner, tells MSN's The Heart Beat. "So one of the most important things in life is fun, and yeah…deer season is coming up in Iowa, and I like to hunt myself."

Essentially, the offer is an incentive for those hunting for both game and marriage. Anyone who purchases a diamond ring from Harold before October 31st will receive a voucher to pick up their free Remington 870 at Fin and Feather in Iowa City. Harold explains:
"I went to the local outdoor store, to the hunting department, and I talked to them. I bought my shotgun there myself, and I said, 'If I want to buy this shotgun for my customers, are you willing to participate?' And they said yes."
 

He adds that he's been so busy with his new business, he hasn't had much time to go out and hunt (deer, that is—not marriage). So perhaps this is Harold's way of mixing business with pleasure.

"I thought this is probably something cool. And something unexpected."

0 comments:

Post a Comment