Monday, December 17, 2012

Newtown


 
Friday was a normal Friday for me as a parent. I made sure Jacelyn got up, walked the dog, came back in and got dressed for school. She made a Hot Pocket for breakfast, grabbed a Capri Sun and we walked down to the car. She was going with her Uncle after school for their annual celebration of her birthday and I was going to go on about my day... Then I turned on the radio and heard the news of a school shooting. I heard of a young man who went into an elementary schooland killed not only adults but but kids under the age of 10. I wanted to call her and make sure she was OK. I felt tears roll down my face as I saw parents in tears looking for their childheard the news. I got to the dealership to get my car serviced and watch the news coverage and I was horrified at the vision of kids walking out of the school, scared and unsure of why this was happening.
 
As a parent, I can not imagine that phone call, that last moment with my child not knowing it would be the last and it hurts my soul to know that they wont get to see their children again. There are new angels in heaven and I hope they are watching over me as I pray for them.


Prayers to those in Newton, CT, and to everyone everywhere during this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment