Thursday, February 13, 2014

28 Most Romantic Things a Man Can Do

Being romantic isn't always about wining and dining and buying fancy jewelry. In fact, a lot of times that could be done without thought. We want your brains to excite us! Show us you are thinking -- truly thinking -- and we find that completely romantic.


With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I polled women and asked them what were some of the most romantic things their men could do for them. Men, do this this Valentine's Day ... or any day.

  1. Brush my hair out of the blue, not because it's needed but because it feels nice.
  2. Give me a massage that doesn't end in sex. Unless you want it to. I mean REALLY want it to.
  3. Write me a poem.
  4. Feed the kids dinner, give them baths, and put them to bed. So I don't have to.
  5. Put fuzzy socks on my feet when I'm cold without being asked.
  6. Cook and serve me a nice dinner (and major bonus for doing the dishes afterward).
  7. Wake me up with coffee in hand.
  8. Wake me up by rubbing my arm and kissing my neck while we are both still in bed.
  9. He sends me romantic songs and calls out lyrics that he thinks fits us perfectly.
  10. When he brings home my favorite Prosecco.
  11. I find his patience with my crazy to be super romantic.
  12. When he tells me I'm beautiful and says he still feels like he got the hot chick to go to the prom with him, and damn, how did that happen?
  13. When he calls me by a nickname that only he knows.
  14. When we go out in public, he'll reach out from time to time and put his hand in a specific place on on my hip, like he can't stand to not touch me when we're within arm's reach of each other. Actually, he touches me whenever we're in arm's reach of each other, no matter what.
  15. He buys me little gifts (nothing big; a brand of chocolate I'm partial to, the type of pens I prefer) just out of the blue, because he thought I'd like it.
  16. He always, always, always opens doors for me, waits for me to be seated first, and holds my hand wherever we go.
  17. When he takes me to Godiva to pick out my own individual truffles.
  18. Make a public show of something. Hell, a heartfelt note on my Facebook Wall would be cool.
  19. Draws me a hot bath and takes over putting the kids to bed so we can have alone time.
  20. Plan a mini-vacation! And handle all the details.
  21. He traces his fingers on my arm, my back, my leg, and tells me he loves my skin.
  22. He'll lean into me and tell me I smell good.
  23. Bring me home a treat or flowers when he knows I've had a bad day.
  24. Surprise me with a sitter and a night out to a quiet place for dinner.
  25. When he gets up with the kids and lets me sleep in.
  26. Every single night he spoons with me before we go to sleep, and he insists that I go to bed with him because he has a hard time falling asleep without me there.
  27. He challenges my intellect because he knows I'm up for it and respects the prowess of my gray matter.
  28. He sends me love texts from time to time, sometimes in Spanish, because "the English translation doesn't quite do it justice" about my smile, my eyes, my hair, my spirit.

What are you favorite romantic things on this list? What would you add?

0 comments:

Post a Comment