Monday, September 22, 2014

DeShawn Shead proposes to girlfriend on field after win vs Denver Broncos

'Legion of Boom?' Better make that 'Legion of Groom.'


Seahawks defensive back DeShawn Shead proposed to his girlfriend Jessica Martinez on Sunday evening following his team's 26-20 overtime victory against the Denver Broncos at Seattle's CenturyLink Field. 


Shead was joined by friends, family, and several Seahawks teammates as he got down on one knee at the field's 50-yard-line to pop the question. She said yes.


"I was very shocked," Martinez told 'Voice of the Seahawks' Steve Raible.

Shead, in his third-year with the Seahawks out of Portland State, had Bruno Mars' Marry You playing during the proposal, with the stadium's north video board reading, "Will you marry me Jessica?"
"Football is what brought me to Washington, for me to meet her," Shead told Raible. "So I think this is a big part of our relationship.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment