Monday, May 4, 2015

10 Hottest Wedding Songs for 2015

We know you want fresh, new song ideas for your wedding day. Here are our top wedding song predictions of the year.

  1. "Thinking Out Loud," by Ed Sheeran

    This song is so timeless, we're predicting it will go down in history as one of the most classic first dance songs (just like John Legend's "All of Me" which topped our hottest wedding songs of 2014 list). The lyrics describe love that lasts a lifetime and it's perfect for dancing -- just watch the video as proof!

    Lyrics you'll love: Take me into your loving arms/Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars/Place your head on my beating heart/I'm thinking out loud/That maybe we found love right where we are
  2. "Coming Home," by Leon Bridges

    "Coming Home" is a modern take on the classic R&B first dance songs, so if you're looking for an alternative to Otis Redding, Sam Cooke and the Temptations then this is it!

    Lyrics you'll love: I'm coming home/To your tender sweet loving/You're my one and only woman
  3. "A Sky Full of Stars," by Coldplay

    Not only does this "A Sky Full of Stars" have some pretty romantic metaphors in the lyrics, it's also got a fun party vibe that will get everyone out on the dance floor.

    Lyrics you'll love: Because you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars/Such a heavenly view/You're such a heavenly view
  4. "Uptown Funk," by Mark Ronson (featuring Bruno Mars)

    We're calling it: "Uptown Funk" is the "Happy" of 2015. It's a fun, upbeat song that no one (young or old!) can resist dancing to no matter how many times they've heard it. The sound is reminiscent of classic hits like James Brown's "Get Up Offa That Thing" and Prince's "Kiss."

    Lyrics you'll love: Ride to Harlem, Hollywood, Jackson, Mississippi/If we show up, we gon' show out/Smoother than a fresh jar of skippy

  5. "Run, Run, Run," by Kelly Clarkson (featuring John Legend)

    When it comes to wedding-worthy love songs, Kelly Clarkson and John Legend have sung their fair share of must-plays and this emotion-filled duet is no different.

    Lyrics you'll love: This love is just made for bleeding/Hung upon the water/But still keep on, trying to breathe in

  6. "Lay Me Down," by Sam Smith

    Grammy winner Sam Smith's voice will give you chills (in the best way possible). But we think this tune make a perfect instrumental for your ceremony too.

    Lyrics you'll love: Can I lay by your side?/Next to you, you/And make sure you're alright/I'll take care of you

  7. "Shut Up and Dance," by Walk the Moon

    This song is guaranteed to get everyone (even the most chronic of wallflowers) dancing, which is exactly what you want post-cake cutting.

    Lyrics you'll love: I felt it in my chest as she looked at me/I knew we were bound to be together,/Bound to be together
  8. "Sugar," by Maroon 5

    We couldn't think of a more appropriate song for the cake cutting than rock hit.

    Lyrics you'll love: Need a little sweetness in my life/Sugar/Yes, please/Won't you come and put it down on me?

  9. "I Want You to Know," by Zedd and Selena Gomez

    Mimosas plus this pop song with an electronic beat is the perfect combinations to set the mood on the morning of your wedding.

    Lyrics you'll love: I want you to know that it's our time/You and me bleed the same light/I want you to know that I'm all yours/You and me run the same course

  10. "Only One," by Kanye West and McCartney

    Written from the perspective of Kanye's mom looking down on her son from heaven this song is a beautiful, sentimental ballad with hints of a lullaby. It's perfect for the mother-son dance!

    Lyrics you'll love: Hello my only one/Just like the morning sun/You keep on rising til the sky knows your name

    Special thanks to Scratch Weddings and DJ Matty Stuart, MD Music and Entertainment

0 comments:

Post a Comment