Tuesday, October 20, 2015

25 Bold Statements You Should Make About Your Marriage Today



TNMLoveRulefeature
Whenever I am nervous about something in my professional life, it is a must that I give myself a motivational pep talk. I typically look in the mirror and remind myself that I’m stronger than I know and actually say “You can do it, You can do it, You can do it.” This statement inspires me and confirms there isn’t a task placed in front of me that’s too difficult for me to accomplish.

Although I appreciate the wins I have in business, nothing can compare to the successes I experience in my marriage, which will not come without proper planning.


The truth is, a marriage can’t survive without setting goals and having good intentions. The same idea behind motivating ourselves to achieve our career goals, can also happen in our marriage. 

Building our relationships up and using words of affirmation speaks life into our marriages. Couples must start expecting success. Those expectations will quickly turn into positive behaviors, only enhancing the quality of a relationship and increasing the chances of its survival. 

Words have transformative powers. Use them wisely and watch what happens in your relationship as a result. The 25 bold statements below are just a few examples of the positive phrases you can use for your marriage.
  • I will fight to stay in this marriage
  • I will fight for this marriage
  • I will try as hard to keep my spouse as I did to get him/her
  • I am in control of my temptations and I will remain faithful to my spouse
  • I will never intentionally hurt my spouse
  • I will be excited about loving and taking care of my spouse.
  • I will defend my spouse and protect my marriage


  • We are stronger and better together
  • We will live a Mark 10:9 marriage, “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
  • We are both working to make this the best marriage possible for one another
  • We expect our marriage to succeed
  • We will not allow anyone or anything to break our bond
  • We are prepared to do all that’s necessary to maintain a happy and healthy marriage
  • We got this!
TNMCoupleCouchHugFun
  • Our marriage is built on a solid foundation of love, trust and friendship
  • Our marriage can survive anything
  • Our marriage includes two people who are willing to communicate effectively and make sacrifices
  • Our marriage was designed by God  
  • Our marriage is healthy
  • My love for my spouse is unconditional
  • My spouse is my priority
  • My vows matter and remind me of the spouse I promised to be
  • My spouse is my best friend
  • My spouse still excites me
  • My marriage is beautiful
Even if the above statements aren’t true in your marriage right now, know it can change at any moment. These 25 phrases are just the beginning.  Remember, they aren’t to be said lightly; actions must accompany them. If you find you aren’t quite ready to commit to these words, it’s best to hold off. They won’t work without an honest effort.





0 comments:

Post a Comment