Sunday, September 4, 2016

Happy Birthday BFF







The bond between friends cannot be broken by chance; no interval of time or space can destroy it. Not even death itself can part true friends.  When she unexpectedly left us, a piece of my heart was forever broken



Brandy Corley is and always will be my best friend.  By the grace of God and our preschool director Mrs. Melvin putting us on the carpet together, me in the red square and her in the blue square, we became inseparable. She thought it was a great idea for us to be class buddies and we never looked back.  We did Pig Tails, Girl Scouts, Pink Nike Short Sets, summers in Campanella Park, Cheer Squad, Boyfriends, Learning to Drive, Late Night Party Line Calls, Soda Pop Club, Graduations, Babies, Careers... Everything together. We had 30 plus years of friendship, love and sisterhood. 

The moments in life that we had together can never be replaced. We smiled through our defeats, celebrated our victories, cried when we needed it and laughed until we had tears rolling down our faces.


I am truly saddened by her death… but from this sadness I have a feeling of gratitude that emerges. I feel honored to have known her and blessed that her passing serves as a reminder to me that my time on this beautiful earth is limited and that I should seize the opportunity I have to forgive easier, share more, explore the world, and love everyone around me. I can think of no greater way to honor her than to live this way. 

The weird, weird thing about devastating death is that life actually goes on. When you’re faced with a tragedy, a loss so huge that you have no idea how you can live through it, somehow, the world keeps turning, the seconds keep ticking.

The void within my soul is too deep to be filled but I know that God has a plan for all of us and my hope is that everyone take this time not to be sad but to celebrate her life and all that she did while here with us. 

I can't wait to see her again but until that day, I will keep her in my heart, speaking to her in my prayers and continue to love her as my best friend for life....




0 comments:

Post a Comment